The warmer weather is finally starting to show itself so that means it’s time to start thinking about backyard bar-b-ques and delicious fresh salads.
Our strawberry salad (you can have with or without the chicken) is light, tasty and packed with vitamins. Dress it with strawberry vinaigrette for added punch on a hot summer night.
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled on the bar-b-que is best
- 8 cups of romaine lettuce, spinach, and/or arugula
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered toasted almonds
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Toss the greens with your dressing of choice ( try the strawberry Vinaigrette) before arranging the rest of the ingredients on top of the greens.